Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Day in the Red bus

Tues,15th Feb at 8.30 am
A day after Valentine..thought my city will still have a hangover of valentine..the partying cartoons are still asleep,the lonely souls still wishing,the individualistics still alone..

A typical day at a B.E.S.T bus..the bus halts..passengers enter..I enter..walk down the entire bus to get the seat reserved for ladies..(if only its vacant).Today I thought I will sit at the last seat..My co-passenger a middle aged chap was staring out of the window sadly singing suhanee raat dhal chuki na jaane tum kab aaoge...uuuuuchh..I felt like giving him my hanky.As I was seating I began to look at the other co-passengers.Nearly all were the office types..smartly dressed..well shaved,gloomy and ..SILENT.All seemed so faraway..the journey was just another routine for the everyday person. Suddenly I wished that if only people would talk to each other,listen,smile and enjoy the journey,the journey would be less stressful..Half were reading the newspaper,some others fidgeting with their cell phones and others snoring..what a sight..ufffffff..

Where has the zest for life disappeared?My lovely city which declares herself to be the most vibrant,balanced and welcoming to all..what has happened?All are so caught up with their daily rigmaroles..and the punch line with our youngsters is "No time"..

Isnt this sad??

5 Comments:

At 1:53 AM, Blogger Ruby said...

cmmon give me your valuable comments...

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger REFLEX said...

Whatever u said is True. Its really sad that we people hav no time to share our smiles. It is always good to share a smile. If u met a foreigner, he just smile and say Hi and we appreciate their culture but we fail to do so. We must cultivate this. Lets spread. I hope that this is ur first blog, if yes, Welcome to blogging.

 
At 3:01 AM, Blogger PrashantBatra said...

:p i was hoping in the end you would start singing a song become the urmilla in the Bus and everyone would blossom with joy at ur song and join in. Filmi city .. Filmi girl .. Filmi blog and a non filmi ending .. :D

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger ~ ॐ ~ said...

Well.. i would love to agree with Batra... i can imagine you starting singing a song there and everyone clapping and singing along.. what a sight it would have been.. instead of a B.E.S.T bus, it would have turned into "The BEST Bus "

 
At 3:14 AM, Blogger ~ ॐ ~ said...

On and by the way.. congratulations on your first blog !!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home