Wednesday, December 03, 2008

My Bombay

29 Nov 2008 at 2350 hours I watch in anguish as my heart bleeds.The Taj and the Oberoi cleaning operation,the carnage,the broken tinted glasses,the heritage,the royalty,premium,prestige,aura and monumental pride all replaced with a shame and deep grief.So much to be said.So much yet unsaid.What is to be said? A crippling numb feeling all over me.A city where I have been in my entire life and consider myself as a part of the cosmopolitan mindset among enligtened Mumbaikars.I am simply so ashamed now.Ashamed of a total intelligence failure by the babus,ashamed at their apathy,ashamed of yet another epoisode going down in history for which at the end of the day every interested section would be seeking an opportunity from this calamity.The politican using this episode as an excuse for vote bank,the bereaucrat balming the intelligence forces,the international community blaming the manner and handling of the episode,the businessman contemplating the loss,the common man looking for answers,the aggrieved common man playing salute to our martyrs and the indifferent politican man looking for some excuse to start trouble all over again through some form or another. As the saying goes "Threats are opportunities in disguise".I believe that when an episode like this happens with such a magnitude a feeling of unity and oneness steps in.Just some time back a section was against another section on the basis of first preferance over the soil.With this episode they have learnt their lesson.An Indian is an Indian be it North or South or East or West.The common man has realized that its useless to depend on the system for security and hence I foresee in the wake of recession and rise of terror a rise among aspiring youth to join the armed forces and IPS.Women will once again opt for noble professions of teaching and healthcare.NGO's will be springing in action with help from all sections of blood donations,help and support.A feeling of magnimous unity will come over us and for the first time our vote will be an enlightened one.Let me tell you that it wont be the last.To sum it all what I feel "Mr Terrorist I am alive what else can you do.Mr Politician I am alive,despite you"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home